Saturday, April 11, 2009

Crispy Oven Fries

Sometimes, Ben and I just get a hankering for fries. I don't mean the stringy ones from McDonalds, but the ones that still look and taste like potatoes. I have tried quite a few different recipes, and this one is my favorite. Adding the egg whites ensure that the spices distribute evenly without making them too greasy.


1 lb potatoes, washed and cut into wedges (skin on)
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili
2 Tbsp Parmesan
2 egg whites

Cut washed potatoes into wedges. In a small bowl, combine all spices, oil, egg whites and cheese. Mix well with a fork until the spices are well blended. Pour liquid over potatoes and turn them over to coat evenly. Place on a cookie sheet covered in baking paper and bake at 400 for 45 minutes, turning about halfway through. I leave mine in until I know that they are turning brown and crispy.

No comments: