Monday, April 20, 2009

Almond Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing

from my lovely Mom

As a kid (and into my late teens) I refused to eat salads because I considered "bunny food" to be beneath me. However, I always made an exception for this one. It's salty and sweet, colorful and delicious. Thanks mom.


Large bowl of leafy greens
4-5 medium chicken breasts
2 cans mandarin oranges
1 cup of chopped almonds, lightly toasted and salted

Honey Mustard Dressing:
3/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup mustard
pinch of salt

Cook chicken and cut into chunks. Toast almonds in a bit of butter or olive oil and salt. Toss all ingredients together. Mix dressing well (until smooth) and serve on the side. This is better the first day, so I wouldn't put it all together until right before you eat. Enjoy!

No comments: