Friday, November 13, 2009

Carrot and Molasses Muffins

from Mom

This is a very wholesome muffin. I grew up eating them, so I am used to the flavor, but Ben said they have a decidedly "healthy" taste... I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but if you put a little butter and honey on them I think they are fabulous.


1 slightly beaten egg
1 cup bran cereal
2 medium carrots, grated
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/2 up molasses
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup rasins (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 (204 C). Combine the egg, bran, carrots, yogurt, tomato juice, molasses and oil and let sit for 10 minutes until the bran cereal is soft. Mix well. Then add the flour and baking soda and spoon into a prepared muffin tin. Bake at 400 for 18 minutes.

No comments: