Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mom's Carrot Cake

from my Mom

This is one of my very favorite cakes and my mom's recipe is my very favorite version.

1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
3 small jars carrot baby food
2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda

Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 lb powdered sugar
1/2 cup (113 g) butter

Mix together oil, sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Then add eggs, beating well after each addition, and mix in the pureed baby food carrots. Sift together the flour, cinnamon and baking soda and add to the wet mixture. Bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan for 30-35 minutes (or until the center comes out clean when you pierce it with a toothpick). Cool well before frosting. Eat chilled.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is one beautiful cake!! I love carrot cake!