Sunday, November 21, 2010

White Bean Hummus


I love hummus, but it is difficult to find here in Austria. So when I saw this recipe on my sister's site, I knew I had to try it. First of all, it was ridiculously easy. You literally just blend it all together and it's ready to go. It has great flavor and is a really healthy and filling snack. Hummus is traditionally made with garbanzo beans (chickpeas) but those are also difficult to find here, so I used white beans and it turned out great. So feel free to experiment.

Serves 4

1 clove garlic
1 can white beans
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
olive oil

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend away. Garnish with olive oil and serve with pita bread, carrot sticks or other vegetables.

Calories: 1/2 cup = 225 calories

No comments: